Taking a stand against privatization
What would it do?
S-296/A-3185/A-3395 would prohibit employers from entering into subcontracting agreements during the term of an existing collective bargaining agreement. Once a collective bargaining agreement expires, an employer would be permitted to enter into a subcontracting agreement only if the employer provides written notice AND the employer offers the majority representative the opportunity to meet and discuss the decision to subcontract and negotiate over its impact.
The bill would also mandate that each employee replaced or displaced because of a subcontracting agreement would retain all previously acquired seniority and would have recall rights if the subcontracting terminates.
- State Senate Sponsors: James Holzapfel, Samuel Thompson
- State Senate Co-Sponsors: Patrick Diegnan, Shirley Turner
- A-3185 General Assembly Sponsors: Herb Conaway, Ronald Dancer, Vincent Mazzeo, John Armato
- A-3185 General Assembly Co-Sponsors: Thomas Giblin, Joe Danielson, Linda Carter, Jamel Holley, Verlina Reynolds-Jackson
- A-3395 General Assembly Sponsors: Gregory McGuckin, Ronald Dancer
- A-3395 General Assembly Co-Sponsors: Thomas Giblin, Linda Carter, Jamel Holley
Or call 855-413-ESPs (3777) to be connected with your legislator of the Assembly and tell them that it’s time the time for ESP Job Justice is now. Your phone call will ensure that legislators know the importance of preventing subcontracting and providing just cause arbitration for ESP members.